Life at Clark-Lindsey
Never Stop Learning With Clark-Lindsey and UIUC
If university connections are important to you, you’ll feel them here. As an organization dedicated to community engagement and lifelong learning, we are incredibly proud of our continued partnership with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). Clark-Lindsey satisfies all of the five criteria for being a university-based retirement community:
- Proximity to campus. Clark-Lindsey is adjacent to the UIUC campus property limits.
- Housing services. Clark-Lindsey offers a full continuum of care.
- Resident affiliations. Among Clark-Lindsey residents, 42% are UIUC alumni and 56% are current or former UIUC faculty.
- Formal partnership. Clark-Lindsey programming initiatives empower residents to access the campus community and connect UIUC students, faculty and staff to residents through on-site education, volunteering, performance art and other opportunities.
- Research. Clark-Lindsey partners with UIUC by using an apartment as a research lab serving the Collaborations in Health, Aging, Research, and Technology (CHART) initiatives.
Connecting on the University Campus
Our neighbor, the University of Illinois, offers a multitude of recreational and educational activities enjoyed by our residents, including continuing education programs, intergenerational programs and recreational activities. Residents can experience the excitement of Big Ten football, Fighting Illini basketball and a host of other championship sports. The university also offers premier cultural and educational opportunities at the Krannert Center for Performing Arts. Clark-Lindsey provides door-to-door transportation to many of these events, where residents can sit with their friends and neighbors.
Connecting on the Clark-Lindsey Campus
Many educational programs, internships and volunteer opportunities are offered on-site at Clark-Lindsey. Video Scholars is our continuing education program located on the Clark-Lindsey campus. Additionally, aspiring world-class musicians and artists take advantage of Clark-Lindsey’s ample space for rehearsal performances. Our Steinway concert grand piano ensures residents a top-notch performance. Hundreds more UIUC students participate at Clark-Lindsey through clinical shadowing, volunteering, internships, and our Artists In Residence Program. And one of our most impressive blendings of talents is our beautiful Masterpiece Garden, which was designed through a university collaboration. More connections: Several members of Clark-Lindsey’s board of directors are affiliated with UIUC.